We finally had a kitten that survived to adult hood. I was pretty excited! Shiskabob was super sweet and was really good with our kids. And she had 4 little kittens (technically she had 6 but one was still born and one... read on) and was a great mom. She was even nice to Cole after he sat on one of her babies and killed it. We gave two kittens away once they were big enough to a great little family with 2 kids. So we still had 2, an orange cat and a calico- I was pretty excited.
Now, I have never really been a cat person. I always thought they were snobby and kind of annoying, but apparantly I had become somewhat attached to Shiskabob. A couple nights ago we are assuming a coyote came into our garage where Shiskabob and her kittens sleep and trashed the place. There were patches of fur and poo streakes everywhere. My desk drawers were pulled out and the unopened bag of cat food was torn into. It smelled and looked terrible. We found Shiskabob down at the end of the street half eaten and no sign of calico kitty. Orange kitty was hidden pretty good and apparently stayed out of the fight. Other then being skittish and lonely she seems fine. I actually cried! (I couldn't believe it myself.) It might just be because I'm a little extra emotional lately but who knows. I miss Shiskabob and it makes me sad to think that Orange kitty had to see it. I know there just cats, and I know Orange kitty will probably forget all about it, but it was still a sad day for us.
Leaves are Falling All Around
7 years ago
5 comments:
What a sad, sad thing. I totally understand what you are saying. I would feel bad for the poor kitty too. I would assume he would know what is going on. What a sad thing even if he is a kitty. I would have cried too!
How sad. That happened to us one time but we came home while it was happening and it was my neighbors dog attacking and not a coyote and it ran off with one in it's mouth. So horrible makes you feel sick. poor kitty it was probably so scared.
Oh i feel for you, Khronk got run over the other day. He survived the accident, but because of all the damage to him Cade had to shoot him. I didnt realize how attached to him i actually was. I have to say that was one of the hardest things ive ever been though! I'm sorry!!
Tiana, that is the saddest story ever!! I was totally crying:(
This is a super sad story my dear, but on a good note I was more than excited when I saw that you had left me comment on my blog! You're so amazing Tiana, and I think you need to make a post about Hawaii cuz I want to see pics! PS. Thanks for your super sweet comments about Wes and me :)
Post a Comment